What we do
- tell you where your next dollar is coming from by tracking major water projects around the world from conception to contract award
- discuss with you the emerging trends in the industry to help you formulate strategy in a rapidly changing world
- We talk to people: the internet has made a certain kind of information omnipresent: press releases and PR announcements are multiplied many thousands of times over, but what about events and opportunities that those involved would rather you didn't know about? What about the thoughts and responses of the people who are really in the know? That kind of information is exclusive, rare and valuable. It comes from a huge list of contacts, a big telephone bill, and an easy conversational manner.
- We don’t give up: we spend most of our time at GWI not getting through to people. It is a busy world, and senior people are always on the move. Sometimes it might take 50 phone calls to reach the person with the details of a new project. We don’t give up. We make those 50 phone calls because if we don’t, we know that you will have to.
- We believe in something: a magazine without values is a very dry thing. At GWI, we're passionate about the value of water. If we can establish the economic worth of water, then everything else will follow. We'll see investment in extending water services to the poor, and greater efforts to conserve water in those areas facing the crisis of scarcity.
- Global Water Intelligence magazine
- Water Desalination Report newsletter
- DesalData.com website
- IDA Desalination Yearbook
- In-depth market reports
We run two conferences each year, the Global Water Summit, and the American Water Summit. The annual Global Water Awards are presented at the Global Water Summit. For details on the latest water conferences, see GWI conferences.
Who are we?
Deputy editor, Global Water Intelligence: Rhys Owen
Rhys manages the project trackers for GWI and AWI plus desaldata.com and the IDA Desalination Yearbook.
Editor, Water Desalination Report: Tom Pankratz
Tom has edited Water Desalination Report since 2004. He has 35 years of experience in the water industry and is a well-known authority on desalination technology. His most significant area of expertise is intakes and outfalls for seawater desalination plants. He is a consultant in the water sector, a regular speaker at conferences, and a member of a number of industry committees.
Middle East editor: Tom Scotney
Telephone: +44 1865 208 040
Asia editor: Olivia Jensen
Telephone: +65 65153327
China editor: Emma Dou
Telephone: +86 10 6298 8863
Australia editor: Max Borchardt
Telephone: +61 402 071 483
India editor: Rama Singh Rastogi
North Africa: Emilie Filou
Telephone: +44 7779 268 559
Research and consultancy
Senior researcher: Fabiola Alvarado-Revilla
Research analyst: Jelena Stanic
Production and commissioning editor: Charlotte Massey
GWI (Japan), Lead Consultant: Hiroko Kasama
+44 (0) 1865 256 028
Research interns: Mitch Bibby, Matthew Daggitt, Jonathan Goddard, Prakhar Jain, Ruby Marsden
Global Water Leaders Group
Secretary General: Samantha Yates
Editor: James Brooks
Product development manager: Oliver Rollinson
Sales and marketing
Sales and marketing director: Emma Welsh
Contact Emma if you need any further information about GWI products and services.
Advertising and sponsorship manager: Dominique Winpenny
Advertising Sales Assistant: Sadé Lee
Market Reports: sales and marketing executive: Chantal Marchesi
Conferences and Events
Accounts and Operations
Contact Rachel: email@example.com