MIDDLE EAST WATER NEWS IN BRIEF
- From: Vol 10, Issue 11 (November 2009)
- Category: Brief
- Region: Middle East
- Country: Israel, Oman, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates
- Related Companies: Amiad, Aqualia, Arkal Filtration Systems, Bermad Industries, Dubai Water and Electricity Authority , Kibbutz Beit Zera, Marafiq, Modern Water, Moody’s, National Water Company and SETE
* ADSSC is expecting around six bids on 16 November for a 27,276m3/d reverse osmosis plant to polish treated sewage effluent to potable standards at the royal Al Wathba Palace in Abu Dhabi. The polished effluent will be used for landscape and agricultural irrigation.
* SETE Energy has signed a SAR400 million ($107 million) EPC contract with Marafiq to deliver a new 48,000m3/d industrial WWTP to Yanbu Industrial City in Saudi Arabia. The plant will employ a conventional sludge activated process to treat wastewater to tertiary standard in order that it can be reused for irrigation.
* Modern Water’s Al-Khaluf desalination plant in ...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing