The 2009 Global Water Awards:Membrane Desalination Plant of the Year
- From: Vol 10, Issue 2 (February 2009)
- Category: Market insight
- Region: Unspecified
- Country: Australia, Saudi Arabia, Spain and United Arab Emirates
- Related Companies: ACWA Power, Calder, Cardno, General Electric (GE), International Barges Company for Desalination Ltd. (IBCWD), John Holland, Mott MacDonald, Norit X-Flow, Palm Water, Raka, Sacyr Vallehermoso., Saline Water Conversion Corporation, Sinclair Knight Merz, SureSmart Water, Valoriza Agua and Veolia Water
For the membrane desalination plant, commissioned in 2008, that represents the most impressive technical achievement in the industry
Abrera WTP, Spain
What is it?
A 200,000m3/d plant treating water from the Llobregat River in Barcelona with electrodialysis reversal (EDR) technology. The plant came online in late 2008.
Who is responsible?
Construction was by Valoriza Agua, part of Spanish construction giant Sacyr Vallehermoso. GE provided the EDR technology.
Why is it shortlisted?
* It is the world’s ...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing