Leverage to remain low at Northumbrian
CKI’s £4.8 billion public-to-private bid for Northumbrian Water is unlikely to raise leverage at the operating company. The change of control may trigger some debt refinancing.
The Cheung Kong Infrastructureled consortium that made a £4.8 billion recommended offer for Northumbrian Water at the beginning of August will buck the recent acquisition trend in the sector and avoid a highly geared financing structure.
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing