Global water tariffs continue upward trend
A 6.8% rise in global water tariffs masks significant changes in the way local authorities calculate their rates. David Zetland gets behind the numbers.
Global water tariffs rose by an average of 6.8% between July 2010 and July 2011 at constant exchange rates. The average combined water and wastewater tariff in the 308 major cities represented in GWI’s 2011 Water Tariff Survey is $2.03/m3. This sum is calculated by taking the bill for a household using 15m3 a month, and ...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing