Five years to clean up China’s wastewater
- From: Vol 13, Issue 1 (January 2012)
- Category: General
- Region: Asia
- Country: China
- Related Companies: Yunnan Water Industry Investment and Development Co.
The Chinese plan to spend $60 billion on urban wastewater infrastructure over the next five years. The move will maximise the potential of under-utilitised assets.
China’s State Council announced plans last month to spend RMB3.4 trillion ($536 billion) on environmental protection before the end of 2015, of which RMB380 billion ($60 billion) will go on urban wastewater systems, including reuse. More than half (56%) of this is expected to come from private sources. The 12th Five-Year Plan (FYP) implies a 14% increase in ...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing