How much desal is too much?
Israel is predicting an operational surplus of desalinated water as soon as next year. What are its options?
For over a decade, Israel has faced a shortage of water, forcing the country to utilise precious reserves from its aquifers and the Sea of Galilee. The situation has deteriorated dramatically over the past seven years due to an ongoing drought, leading to a cumulative deficit in the country’s renewable water resources of around 1.5 billion m3.
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing