Cairo puts $160m price tag on desal
- From: Vol 13, Issue 9 (September 2012)
- Category: General
- Region: Middle East
- Country: Egypt
- Related Companies: Cairo and Alexandria Potable Water Authority (CAPWO), Holding Company for Water and Wastewater (HCWW) and National Organisation for Potable Water and Sanitary Drainage (NOPWASD)
As the reconstruction of Egypt’s political order continues, planners are keen to resurrect plans for new desalination plants. Where will the funding come from?
Egypt wants to attract more than $160 million in external funding for desalination projects in coastal areas, according to the holding company responsible for managing the country’s water and wastewater bodies.
The Holding Company for Water and Wastewater (HCWW) is looking to restart its stalled desalination programme with new facilities on the Mediterranean and Red Sea coasts, and is ...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing