EUROPE IN BRIEF
* The city of Magdeburg has signed a wastewater concession passing wastewater services and assets to the partly-privatised city utility Städtische Werke Magdeburg (SWM) for €140 million.
Although ultimate responsibility for wastewater remains with Magdeburg city council, SWM’s subsidiary Abwassergesellschaft Magdeburg will run the wastewater business for the next 30 years, independently setting charges. Post takeover, wastewater remains largely in municipal hands as the city of Magdeburg holds 54% of SWM. A holding company owned by Gelsenwasser and energy giant E.on’s subsidiary Avacon has ...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing