Busy first half for Gulf bankers
- From: Vol 7, Issue 1 (January 2006)
- Category: General
- Region: Middle East
- Country: Qatar and Saudi Arabia
- Related Companies: ABN Amro, Arab Bank, Bayerische Landesbank, Euler Hermes, Gulf International Bank, HSBC, HSH Nordbank, KBC Bank NV, KfW, Mizuho Corporate Bank, Natexis Banques Populaires, NordLB, Qatar Electricity & Water Company, Riyad Bank, Royal Bank of Scotland, Saudi Hollandi, SembCorp Utilities, Société Générale, Standard Chartered Bank, Suez, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation and WestLB
Finance will be in strong demand in the first half of 2006 as several IWPPs look to close. Fortunately banks are easier to find than EPC contractors.
Regional and international banks are preparing to finance the next wave of IWPPs starting with Saudi Arabia’s landmark Shoaiba project. This will be followed towards the end of the first quarter by Qatar’s Ras Abu Fontas B2 project and, at the start of the second quarter, by the Hidd IWPP in Bahrain. Financial close of the brownfield Fujairah ...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing