Pick and mix: Asian water stocks in 2005
- From: Vol 7, Issue 1 (January 2006)
- Category: General
- Region: Asia
- Country: China
- Related Companies: Asia Water Technology, Beijing Capital Group, Bio-Treat Technology, China Environmental Protection, China Everbright, CITIC Pacific, Darco, Dayen Environmental, Eastern Water Resources, Hyflux, Manila Water Company, Matthews International Capital Management, Puncak Niaga, Ranhill Utilities, Salcon Bhd, Shanghai Industrial Holdings, Sinomem Technology, Tianjin Capital Environmental Co, United Envirotech and Veolia
China's privatisation drive in water and wastewater has been a boon to regional water stocks.
Last year saw the public listing of a number of Asian water companies: Asia Water Technology (Asia Water) was launched on the Singapore exchange, while the Manila Water Company was listed in the Philippines. The companies are very different in ownership, strategy and style but both are managing to prosper in the large but difficult Asian water and wastewater markets ...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing