* Santa Fe shareholders led by Suez and Agbar have voted to hand over control of Aguas Provinciales de Santa Fe to the Argentine government after failing to reach an agreement on transferring ownership to private investors.
Suez had planned to sell 77.5% of the company to local group Aguas Alberdi, allowing Spain’s Passavant Espana to operate the concession. But an Argentine government demand that Suez and Agbar first withdraw their lawsuit with the World Bank’s International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes for $310 million in damages caused the deal to collapse ...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing