Agbar’s puzzling bid for Bristol
- From: Vol 7, Issue 5 (May 2006)
- Category: General
- Region: Europe
- Country: Spain
- Related Companies: Aguas de Barcelona, Axa, Bristol Water Holdings, Concateno, Ecofin Water and Power Opportunities, Enel, Hisusa, La Caixa, Merrill Lynch, Mid Kent Water, Northumbrian Water, Société Générale, Suez, Three Valleys Water and Veolia
The Spanish company’s bid for Bristol Water looks too expensive and too rushed to be taken at face value.
Suez’s affiliate company in Spain, Sociedad General de Aguas de Barcelona (Agbar), announced an agreed £10.60-a-share offer for Bristol Water in the UK on 21 April. The £390 million deal will bring the Suez group (which controls Agbar through a 51% interest in Hisusa, which in turn holds 47.7% of the Spanish water company) back to the ...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing