- From: Vol 7, Issue 8 (August 2006)
- Category: Need to know
- Region: Unspecified
- Country: Oman, Saudi Arabia and Spain
- Related Companies: Acciona, AES Corporation, AES Oasis, Aguas de Barcelona, Aqualia, Bahwan Engineering Co, Befesa, Cadagua, Clifford Chance, Degrémont (Suez), Drace, Dragados, Ernst & Young, Fichtner, GE Ionics, Halcrow, ILF Consulting Engineers, Kharafi Group, Marubeni, Palm Water, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Sadyt, SembCorp Utilities, The Law Firm of Yousef & Mohammed al-Jadaan, Utilities Development Company and Veolia
* The first four major desal projects in Spain’s Programa Agua have been awarded to consortia with strong local connections.
Despite fears of Koreans and Israelis breaking into their home market, only one foreign company – Degrémont – came away with a deal. Degrémont teamed up with sister company Aguas de Barcelona and ACS’ Dragados and Drace to win the tender for the 164,400m3/d Barcelona plant. Otherwise, all the major Spanish desalters were rewarded: Acciona, with the ...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing