Veolia’s big bid for Haikou Water
The French company has agreed to pay a gobsmacking price for the utility serving the capital of Hainan Island.
Veolia has won the auction for a 50% interest in Haikou Water Group, with an ambitious bid which has both pleased and concerned the Haikou municipal authorities. At RMB950 million ($123.2 million), Veolia’s bid for the utility which serves Hainan Island’s capital is equal to 306% of the minimum bid price of RMB310 million ($40.2 million ...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing