The end of Russian roulette in water
- From: Vol 9, Issue 6 (June 2008)
- Category: General
- Region: Europe
- Related Companies: EBRD (European Bank for Reconstruction and Development) and White & Case
A new EBRD loan to Rosvodokanal marks a turning point in the way Russian private water contracts are structured. It will force foreign operators to take the Russian market seriously.
The EBRD has agreed to lend RUB1.5 billion (€41 million) to Rosvodokanal (RVK), one of Russia’s largest private water operators.
The loan, extended over 13 years, is the first stage of a two-part financing package which will help fund RUB17 billion (€465 million) of capital expenditure over the next five years in six cities and one region, under ...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing