MIDDLE EAST TRENDS
* Bahrain’s move towards the liberalisation of its water sector has continued with the appointment of HSBC, Fichtner and Norton Rose to advise on the country’s wastewater privatisation strategy.
A fast-track 140,000m3/d wastewater treatment plant is at the top of the agenda (see story p14).
* More surprisingly, Syria seems to be taking an interest in private sector participation models. It is looking for four wastewater treatment plants on a design-build-operate basis, with finance coming from the European Investment Bank. It is not the only multilateral finance institution ...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing