25 articles about "Pennichuck Water"
American Water was the runaway winner amongst the quoted US water utilities in 2011. What are the prospects for 2012?
* Shares in Heckmann Corporation rose by more than 7% after the company announced encouraging full-year results on 14 March.
* San Antonio Water System (SAWS) issued a request for proposals on 14 January as it seeks alternative water sources to help diversify the city’s long-term water supply.
A strong performance from the US equipment manufacturers contributed to a strong performance for the GWI Global Water Index this month. A sell-off in the UK amid a poor results season took the shine off.
* Patrick Cairo has been appointed to the position of senior VP of corporate development at United Water.
* Indianapolis is terminating Veolia’s contract to run water services for the city, following its decision to sell its water and wastewater utility to local non-profit Citizens Energy.
Cascal expects that the last day of trading in its shares on NYSE will be 6th August, after the company announced its intention to voluntarily delist its stock following the successful take-over bid by Sembcorp Utilities.
Steady rises in all segments of the GWI water index this month have taken the benchmark to its highest level since August 2008. IPO activity in Asia bodes well for the sector’s perception amongst regional equity investors.
Quoted US water utility stocks put on a somewhat lacklustre show last year, after 2008’s stellar outperformance. Analysts are predicting great things for 2010.
* American Water has acquired Environmental Management Corporation (EMC) from The Linde Group.