The right way to invest in water?
As California runs out of water, buying water rights is looking like an increasingly smart investment play.
The water rights market is superficially attractive to investors, but the devil lies in the detail. Although the supply of water is fixed and demand is continuously growing, the value of water rights is highly complex. The most important issue is portability: can the right be sold to users beyond the immediate vicinity of the current owner? Politics, agricultural commodity prices and...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing