The 2010 Global Water Awards: Desalination Plant of the Year
- From: Vol 11, Issue 2 (February 2010)
- Category: Market insight
- Region: Unspecified
- Related Countries: China, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Spain
- Related Companies: ACWA Power, Agbar, Banco Espirito Santo, Degrémont (Suez), Doosan Heavy Industries, Drace, Dragados, Energy Recovery Inc (ERI), European Investment Bank (EIB), H2ID, Housing & Construction Holding Co, Hyflux, IDE Technologies, Tianjin Dagang District Government
For the desalination plant commissioned during 2009 that represents the most impressive technical achievement in the industry.
What is it?
A 200,000m3/d seawater reverse osmosis plant serving metropolitan Barcelona.
Who is responsible?
The EPC contract was carried out by a joint venture of Degrémont, Agbar, DRACE medioambiente and Dragados. Degrémont supplied the equipment, with Hydranautics supplying the membranes. ERI provided the energy recovery devices.
What makes it...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing