The 2010 Global Water Awards: Power and Water Plant of the Year
- From: Vol 11, Issue 2 (February 2010)
- Category: Market insight
- Region: Unspecified
- Related Countries: India, Saudi Arabia
- Related Companies: ACWA Power, Degrémont (Suez), Doosan Heavy Industries, GdF Suez Energy International, Gulf Investment Corporation, Hyundai Heavy Industries, IDE Technologies, Marafiq, Mitsubishi, Mubadala Development Co, National Trading Co, Nuclear Power Corporation of India, Ltd., Saudi Water and Electricity Company, Veolia
For the plant commissioned in 2009 that represents the most impressive technical achievement in power and water.
Barka II, Oman
What is it?
A greenfield independent power and water project on Oman’s Gulf coast, producing 120,000m³/d of seawater through reverse osmosis, and 678MW of new power generation capacity. As part of the IWPP, the developers also acquired a 668MW brownfield power plant at Al Rusail.
Who is responsible?
The developer consortium featured GdF Suez Energy International,...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing