Who will buy Siemens Water?
- From: Vol 13, Issue 11 (November 2012)
- Category: General
- Region: Americas
- Related Countries: United States
- Related Companies: Blackstone Group, Carlyle Group, Danaher, Ecolab Inc., Goldman Sachs, KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts), Pentair, Rexnord Corporation, Siemens Water Technologies , US Filter, Veolia, Xylem
Christopher Gasson argues that a private equity sale is the most likely outcome, but it is not going to be an easy sell.
The biggest challenge Siemens faces in selling its Siemens Water Technologies division will be finding someone who is more excited about the future of the company than they are concerned about its USFilter past. That is because the company has defeated both Veolia (which lost $4.5 billion on it after buying it from Dick Heckmann for $8.1 billion in 1999) and Siemens (which bought the rump of...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing