Corruption taints Spanish concessions market
Spain’s economic crisis has created a climate conducive to cutting corners. The water concessions market is struggling to escape the contagion.
The municipal water concessions market has not been immune to the rash of scandals sweeping Spain in recent months involving alleged slush fund payments to politicians – including several government ministers – for preferential treatment in the awarding of public contracts.
In February, José Luis Míguez, director of Agbar’s Aquagest concession in Santiago de...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing