Equipment stocks lose their shine
- From: Vol 7, Issue 1 (January 2006)
- Category: General
- Region: Americas
- Related Countries: United States
- Related Companies: American States Water, Aqua America, Artesian Water, Birmingham Utilities, Calgon Carbon (CCC), California Water Service Co (Cal Water), Connecticut Water, Consolidated Water, Danaher, ITT Industries, Middlesex Water, Millipore, Pall Corp, Pennichuck Water, Pentair, San Jose Water, Southwest Water Company, Stanford Washington Research Group, Trojan Technologies, Wedeco, York Water, Zenon Environmental
Utilities performed well in the US but last year's star performer didn't live up to expectations.
Last year was an outstanding year for investors in most of the dozen publicly traded domestic water utilities including Consolidated Water of Grand Cayman. Betting on equipment manufacturers in 2005 was a different story. Their stellar performance in 2004 was all but undone last year. Both providers of water and their equipment vendors should be prepared for a bumpy ride in 2006.
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing