Rising tide of muck and brass
- From: Vol 7, Issue 5 (May 2006)
- Category: Market insight
- Region: Europe
- Related Countries: France, United Kingdom
- Related Companies: Andritz Group, Degrémont (Suez), Saur, Scottish Water, Severn Trent Water, Sogea, Stereau , Suez, United Utilities, VA Tech (Wabag), Vandenbroek, Veolia, Yorkshire Water
EU directives have ensured that there is more sludge being produced across the continent, but fewer ways of disposing of it. Here Emmanuel Adler of A Consult in Lyon examines the opportunities the market presents.
When the Emperor Vespasian’s son Titus complained about the disgusting nature of the tax on urine, his father held up a gold coin and told him “Non olet!” (“It does not smell”). If Vespasian were alive today he would have no problem at all about the money to be made from European wastewater sector.
EU standards are driving investment in wastewater treatment across...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing