Take one a day with water
The pharma industry needs water to sustain its growth. Gord Cope explores the opportunities and pitfalls of this niche market.
At first glance, the nostrums in your medicine cabinet may not appear very thirsty, but creating drugs consumes an immense amount of water. “Overall use of water in drug manufacturing is extremely high,” says Mike Costello, director of biopharmaceuticals for Siemens Water Technologies. “You might think there’s not a lot of water in a pill, but hundreds of gallons can be used for rinsing and...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing