Israel’s brackish water challenge
The Israeli authorities are planning to ramp up their brackish water desalination efforts. Aquifer recharge is at the heart of the plan.
Israel’s Mekorot Water Company and the Water Authority are jointly drawing up a master plan which will sharply increase the use of Israel’s brackish water resources. At present, Israel desalts only around 16,500m3/d of brackish water, but the new $300 million plan calls for this to be boosted to somewhere between 220,000m3/d and 274,000m3/d.
The initial effort will be in the Lachish...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing