The 2010 Global Water Awards: Desalination Plant of the Year
- From: Vol 11, Issue 2 (February 2010)
- Category: Market insight
- Region: Unspecified
- Country: China, Israel, Saudi Arabia and Spain
- Related Companies: ACWA Power, Agbar, Banco Espirito Santo, Degrémont (Suez), Doosan Heavy Industries, Drace, Dragados, Energy Recovery Inc (ERI), European Investment Bank (EIB), H2ID, Housing & Construction Holding Co, Hyflux, IDE Technologies and Tianjin Dagang District Government
For the desalination plant commissioned during 2009 that represents the most impressive technical achievement in the industry.
What is it?
A 200,000m3/d seawater reverse osmosis plant serving metropolitan Barcelona.
Who is responsible?
The EPC contract was carried out by a joint venture of Degrémont, Agbar, DRACE medioambiente and Dragados. Degrémont supplied the equipment, with Hydranautics supplying the membranes. ERI provided the energy recovery devices.
What makes it special?
* The low point ...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing