Spanish water reforms in pipeline
Planned changes will tax agriculture and industry while regulating water reuse. Are they just a dumbed-down copy of the failed “eco-tax” proposals?
Draft proposals to reform Spain’s basic water law, published at the end of March, include taxing the use of water by agriculture and industry with the aim of recouping infrastructure costs, at least in part, in line with the
Water Framework Directive’s “user pays” principle.
Irrigation, which according to official estimates accounts for 63% of Spanish water consumption ...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing