Municipal Water Reuse Markets 2010
- Published: 18th Sep 2009
- ISBN: 978-0-9547705-8-7
- Author: GWI
- Price: £1400.00 / $2450.00
- Who should read the report?
- Why should you get your own copy of the report?
- Sample Chapter Excerpt
- Table of Contents
The municipal reuse market is undoubtedly growing – it is estimated that major proposed reuse schemes are currently worth over 1 billion US dollars. Population growth, increasing urbanisation, the decreasing costs of producing recycled water and the dependability of supply have all led to a rapid expansion in reuse facilities.
As water scarcity increases its profile on government and public agendas and acceptance of recycled water as a potable source becomes the norm, there will be ever increasing opportunities on offer. This in-depth market intelligence report enables you to understand the current extent of the reuse market in every region, to predict the future shape and size of the market and gives you all the detailed information you need to capitalize on the business which will become available over the next decade.
This comperensive report covers the analysis of the following areas:
A.) Technologies and applications
Global Water Intelligence and PUB consultants from Singapore have joined together to publish Municipal Water Reuse Markets 2010 with the aim of presenting an independent, critical analysis and forecast. After giving an overview of the current size and shape of the market, we review the technologies used to treat wastewater from municipal facilities, taking a thorough look at the advantages and disadvantages of each technology and what the resulting effluent can be used for. We outline the different scales of water reuse facilities, look at historical and future trends of treatment technologies and preview future areas of research.
B.) The economics of water reuse
We then examine the economics of water reuse, providing an overview of the economic framework and analysing demand and supply side drivers and the pricing of reclaimed water. We show you the benefits and the costs, give you guidelines for estimating and pricing as well as looking at the different models of financing which are currently in place. This will enable you to decide whether it makes business sense to recycle wastewater or not.
C.) Reuse market – the future
Having painted a picture of the current state of the market, we move on to show you what opportunities lie ahead. Our market forecasts encompass:
• Global capacity forecast
• Global capital expenditure forecast
• Global operating expenditure forecast
D.) Country-by-country profiles
We then look at the 23 most relevant countries in detail, giving an overview of the current and future challenges, outlining the government’s water strategy and the water sector structure, analysing the way water is financed and showing you the developments in water reuse. Each country has different procurement methods, project structures, regulations and market structures - we provide you with the information you need to negotiate each country successfully.
We also present market forecast data for each country including growth in water reuse capacities, capital and operating expenditure over the next decade. This gives you the complete picture of each country as well as well as our expert opinion of future growth which you can use to plan your business in the region over the next decade.
All the topics are illustrated with tables, charts and graphs, giving you a complete picture of the country’s involvement in the reuse sector. Each country section also includes an invaluable set of case studies (there are over 70 in total) which you can use to supplement the experiences of your own company.
E.) Company Profiles
To enhance your regional knowledge further we include details of the local engineering companies in each country. Amongst other information we include contact details, market position, strategy and financial performance for the companies working on the ground. In combination with the insight from the country profiles, this knowledge puts you in a position of strength from which to grow your business in any individual market.
F.) Water Reuse Inventory
For the first time in this report we are publishing the GWI/PUB Reuse inventory, which contains details on over 2,600 existing reuse facilities. For each facility we include details of location, name, peak flow capacity, online date, plant status, user category, reuse application and project owner amongst other categories. This inventory is not available anywhere else and was researched from scratch by a team of analysts. It gives you clear insight into where the opportunities in the market lie and means that you can do your own country-by-country and regional analysis based on raw data.
G.) Forward water reuse project list
We include project tracking information on 140 proposed facilities, so that you can see what and who is involved before the projects go to tender. This enables you to plan the future of your company with confidence, and in many cases will give you direct sales leads. This sort of competitive advantage can’t be underestimated, especially in the current economic climate.
H.) Countries covered include:
Who should read the report?
- Investors and financiers: the global financial crisis is forcing investors to re-examine the fundamental grounds in which investment decisions are made. Re-purified water, a dependable local source, can offer an equally dependable platform for investors to grow their capital.
- Equipment suppliers, water companies, engineers, consultants: As we see a temporary slowing in growth in the desal sector, reuse facilities will enable you to expand your business in an otherwise challenging economic environment.
- Water utilities: learn from case studies and country profiles how to overcome problems such as public perception with the re-branding of recycled water for your customers.
Why should you get your own copy of the report?
Five reasons to buy Municipal Water Reuse Markets 2010
• Find out why reuse projects could be a safer and smarter way to invest your money
• Market forecasts tell you which countries and regions will be investing most in reuse projects over the next decade
• Develop new business opportunities with our project tracking database
• Understand the intricacies of the market structure in countries where reuse is a hot topic
• Learn from case studies how others have overcome the challenges faced in reuse projects, reduced energy consumption and lowered operating costs
Sample Chapter Excerpt
Click here to download a sample chapter.
Table of Contents
Click here to download the table of contents.