About Global Water Intelligence
Global Water Intelligence is the leading market researcher for the international water market. We produce reports, databases, web products and monthly/weekly publications for professionals in the industry. Our focus on competitive intelligence and high value-added news reporting has seen us grow from two employees to nearly 50 spread across three international offices over the past decade. The outlook for continued growth of the magazine, its related websites and research reports remains strong. Our head office is in central Oxford, but fewer than 5% of revenues are generated in the UK. If you are cosmopolitan, highly motivated, and creative we would love you to join us. See www.globalwaterintel.com/about/
Digital and Print Executive
Global Water Intelligence is looking for a talented Digital and Print Executive to join our team full-time at our Oxford office. We are an independent publisher and events organiser that specialises in high-level business intelligence on the global water sector.
If you are a recent graduate with a degree in a relevant field who is highly motivated and creative, this is an opportunity to begin a career in publishing with a fast-growing young company with a very international outlook.
As a Digital and Print Executive you will work closely alongside our marketing, editorial, production and IT teams on our portfolio of digital products, print publications and events. There are several exciting website development projects that we hope to carry out in the coming months, where you can make a key contribution.
- Maintaining our websites to ensure that content is accurate and up-to-date, as well as identifying how the layout and user experience of our web products can be improved.
- Taking a lead in ensuring our websites are optimised for search engines such as Google.
- Creating landing pages for marketing purposes and maintaining web pages for events using platforms such as WordPress and Wix.
- Customising an app for our annual event, the Global Water Summit.
- Assisting with design and layout, including tasks such as photo editing, creating marketing materials, and layout of magazine content in both print and online formats.
The following qualities would be desirable in a successful candidate:
- Knowledge of and/or experience in working across print and digital platforms, and an understanding of HTML, CSS, and SEO.
- An ability to look at products from a user perspective to ensure our sites and user interfaces are set up for a seamless and intuitive user experience.
- A flair for design (experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop would be beneficial).
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and a keen eye for detail.
- The ability to work well within a team and to adapt to different challenges.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Based at: Kingsmead House, Oxpens Road, Oxford OX1 1XX, UK
Salary: £22,000 – £25,000 (after successful 6-month probationary period, salary may be reviewed)
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter, together with your CV, to Charlotte Massey at firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 July 2017
Global Water Intelligence is looking for a research analyst to our Oxford team to work on market research projects tailored for professionals in the water sector. We specialise in high-level business intelligence, and our analytical, industry-focused reports are essential reading for those who need a clear understanding of the rapidly expanding global water industry.
This position would suit a recent graduate with a maths / science background, who is looking to begin a career in publishing with a fast growing young company with a very international outlook.
As an analyst, you would work closely with a team on our market intelligence reports and consultancy projects. Typical work activities would include:
- Picking up the essentials of a new field quickly through background research.
- Collecting and analysing data and information from published sources, proprietary sources and interviews conducted with industry experts.
- Working out what "stories" the data is telling in order to build up a picture of both the current marketplace and what is likely to happen in the future.
- Writing sections of our reports to communicate these findings to an appropriate audience (e.g. consultancy clients, investors, water sector specialists, etc).
- Must be able to make connections across different datasets and identify interesting trends from both quantitative and qualitative information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good attention to detail, taking pride in a high quality end-product.
- A team player who delights equally in sharing with and learning from others who are working on a project.
- Strong problem-solving and IT skills.
Salary: £23,000 (6-month probationary period)
How to apply
Send your cover letter, together with your CV, to Francisco Virgili by Wednesday 5th April 2017. Email address: email@example.com
We are happy to receive speculative applications from graduates. For editorial roles, please send your CV to Christopher Gasson, Managing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org