225 articles about "American Water"
* United Water has successfully renewed the Indianapolis wastewater contract, one of the most lucrative PPPs in the United States.
A new $1.5 billion bond package from American Water will be a key test of investor confidence ahead of the IPO later this year.
* Swiss fund manager Sustainable Asset Management is launching its sustainable water fund in the US.
* The sale of Southern Water for £4.2bn to a consortium including JP Morgan, UBS and Australia’s Challenger Fund left us scrambling for our slide rules (see opposite and p8).
Christopher Gasson is bullish on the prospects for a stand-alone Suez Environment.
* The signs are that interest in the UK’s regulated water utilities sector is peaking (see chart p23).
There has been a tenfold increase in the assets under management by specialist water funds since September 2005. With general infrastructure funds growing apace, is the market being driven by investor demand?
* Modern Water amazed the sceptics by raising £30 million in an initial public offering on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange in June.
* Private water veteran Jim McGivern was unveiled in early May as the new CEO of metering giant Elster Group. McGivern was previously COO at American Water, after having worked as the head of Thames Water’s American business unit with responsibility for seeing through the acquisition of American Water by RWE/Thames.
* First quarter results have been coming with complaints about the weather.