232 articles about "American Water"
* GWI’s final analysis of the performance of listed water stocks in 2007 (see pp8-15) suggests a fourth consecutive year of outperformance versus the main stock market indices.
For a long time investors have complained that there are not enough water stocks. Extra capacity is on the way.
With few exceptions, the publicly-traded US water utilities put in a poor performance in 2007. It has forced some to re-think their value creation strategies.
A new business trust will allow Hyflux to recycle its capital more efficiently. CEO Saud Siddique explains his vision for growth.
* Agbar’s Chilean subsidiary Aguas Andinas is to start work within the next few weeks on its long-planned Los Nogales plant, which will complete the provision of wastewater treatment to metropolitan Santiago.
What are they scared of? The performance of American Water’s comparators 1st August - 14th November 2007 - CHART Vol 8, Issue 11 (November 2007)
RWE boss Jürgen Großmann said he was pulling the American Water IPO because the performance of the basket of water stocks with which the company would be compared indicates that RWE would get 15% to 20% less for the company than he wants.
* RWE took fright from the choppy conditions in the US market and pulled its proposed initial public offering of American Water.
* United Water has successfully renewed the Indianapolis wastewater contract, one of the most lucrative PPPs in the United States.
A new $1.5 billion bond package from American Water will be a key test of investor confidence ahead of the IPO later this year.
* Swiss fund manager Sustainable Asset Management is launching its sustainable water fund in the US.