American Water

237 articles about "American Water"

Trump threatens water’s ace performance Vol 17, Issue 3 (March 2016)

A mixed full-year results season was somewhat overshadowed by the US presidential race this month. Hyflux, meanwhile, was up to its old tricks.

Utility stocks put the brakes on February index slump Vol 17, Issue 2 (February 2016)

The GWI Asian Water Index fell to its lowest point since August 2014 as Chinese economic woes continued to bite. US investor-owned utilities, meanwhile, had a stellar month.

Americas Water In Brief Vol 17, Issue 2 (February 2016)

  • Consolidated Water has acquired 51% of Aerex Industries – an OEM serving the water and wastewater treatment markets – for $7.7 million, and has an option to buy the remaining 49% after three years. Aerex generated $19 million in revenues in 2015.

The top 50 water businesses Vol 17, Issue 1 (January 2016)

The largest water businesses ranked by estimated revenue in 2015. Figures are rounded to the nearest $100 million. Readers are invited to correct any errors and omissions.

American Water expands its presence in Camden after Suez bows out Vol 17, Issue 1 (January 2016)

Undaunted by the colourful history of the water and sewer operating contract in the City of Camden, NJ, American Water negotiated its way to a new $125 million deal in December. It is a major affirmation that the firm’s municipal contract ops strategy is alive and well.

Americas in brief Vol 17, Issue 1 (January 2016)

  • Natural Systems Utilities has expanded its contract operations footprint into California by buying up Phillips Services, Inc. NSU now operates 210 systems across ten states.

Return of the BOT Vol 17, Issue 1 (January 2016)

California cautiously embraces P3s; Barbados looks for fast-track desal build-out; making sense of Peru’s concessions pipeline; India and Morocco get serious about reuse; American Water rediscovers its contract ops mojo; all the latest project news from around the world this month.

Takeover takeaways Vol 16, Issue 12 (December 2015)

  • American Water looks set to close its largest acquisition since 1999, after emerging as the top-ranked bidder in the battle to buy the Scranton Sewer Authority, which serves 32,000 customers in Pennsylvania...
  • Veolia appears to have found a buyer for its Sade network engineering business. The deal is currently in due diligence, and should be announced next year...
  • Beijing Drainage Group, the wastewater utility owned by the city of Beijing, has won the auction for Purac AB, the Swedish dissolved air flotation specialist...

American Water gets a second bite at a sewer deal in Scranton Vol 16, Issue 12 (December 2015)

The winning bid for the assets of the Scranton Sewer Authority offers the best outcome for ratepayers and the Authority’s municipal owners. It is more difficult to see the upside for the purchaser.

Project Tracker Vol 16, Issue 12 (December 2015)

Indonesian developers walk away; Kathmandu DBOs in focus; Rosarito desal plant draws interest; American Water begs for more time in California; Severn Trent takes Oklahoma City; Red-Dead developers face multiple challenges; all the latest project news from around the world this month.