88 articles in Jordan
Five teams have been given the go-ahead to bid on one of water’s largest – and most complex – projects.
Following on from its decision to pursue more privately financed desalination projects as part of an overall strategic repositioning (see GWI September 2016 p34), Oman’s Public Authority for Electricity and Water has opened tendering for five small SWRO plants.
The project team behind the massive Red Sea-Dead Sea water desalination and transfer scheme in Jordan has said it plans to announce a list of prequalified bidders in the first week of October.
The developer of the $250 million Qurayyat desalination plant in Oman reached financial close on the project in June, 15 months after securing the BOO contract for the 200,000m3/d initiative.
Dubai Municipality has taken on Parsons Corporation to advise on the procurement and implementation of an AED12 billion ($3.3 billion) deep tunnel sewer programme.
The country is looking for new ways to raise cash and cover operating costs at its water utilities. Will tapping Islamic investors make PPPs a more credible prospect?
Firms are circling round the world’s most prominent desalination scheme. The country’s first ever seawater desalination plant will provide some technical insights.
- The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is considering an equity injection of up to $50 million into the MENA Infrastructure Fund II, in a bid to promote more widespread private ownership of infrastructure projects in the region. The Dubaibased fund’s backer previously took a 20% equity stake in the Sohar power and water plant in Oman in 2013.
- The scale of Iran’s ambitions for its water and wastewater sector has been revealed by GWI, just as a potential change in the rule on sanctions looks likely to open up the country’s market to the world.Nearly $20 billion is set to be invested in infrastructure in the period 2016-2021...
- Jordan’s Ministry of Water and Irrigation has launched the tender process for the massive Red Sea-Dead Sea desalination and water transfer project by opening up prequalification for companies interested in bidding for the $1 billion privately financed first stage of the project...
- Oman has had one of the most active years for desalination on record. Less than a month after awarding the two largest desal projects in the country’s history, the Oman Power and Water Procurement Company has already opened tendering for three more plants...
- The four much-heralded low-energy pilot desal plants at the Masdar Renewable Energy Programme in Abu Dhabi have gone into operation...
Authorities in Jordan have launched tender proceedings to find a developer for a massive desalination and water transfer scheme. Bidding groups will have to offer a wide range of technical skills – and meet the hefty price tag.