86 articles in Jordan
The project team behind the massive Red Sea-Dead Sea water desalination and transfer scheme in Jordan has said it plans to announce a list of prequalified bidders in the first week of October.
The developer of the $250 million Qurayyat desalination plant in Oman reached financial close on the project in June, 15 months after securing the BOO contract for the 200,000m3/d initiative.
Dubai Municipality has taken on Parsons Corporation to advise on the procurement and implementation of an AED12 billion ($3.3 billion) deep tunnel sewer programme.
The country is looking for new ways to raise cash and cover operating costs at its water utilities. Will tapping Islamic investors make PPPs a more credible prospect?
Firms are circling round the world’s most prominent desalination scheme. The country’s first ever seawater desalination plant will provide some technical insights.
- The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is considering an equity injection of up to $50 million into the MENA Infrastructure Fund II, in a bid to promote more widespread private ownership of infrastructure projects in the region. The Dubaibased fund’s backer previously took a 20% equity stake in the Sohar power and water plant in Oman in 2013.
- The scale of Iran’s ambitions for its water and wastewater sector has been revealed by GWI, just as a potential change in the rule on sanctions looks likely to open up the country’s market to the world.Nearly $20 billion is set to be invested in infrastructure in the period 2016-2021...
- Jordan’s Ministry of Water and Irrigation has launched the tender process for the massive Red Sea-Dead Sea desalination and water transfer project by opening up prequalification for companies interested in bidding for the $1 billion privately financed first stage of the project...
- Oman has had one of the most active years for desalination on record. Less than a month after awarding the two largest desal projects in the country’s history, the Oman Power and Water Procurement Company has already opened tendering for three more plants...
- The four much-heralded low-energy pilot desal plants at the Masdar Renewable Energy Programme in Abu Dhabi have gone into operation...
Authorities in Jordan have launched tender proceedings to find a developer for a massive desalination and water transfer scheme. Bidding groups will have to offer a wide range of technical skills – and meet the hefty price tag.
Indonesian developers walk away; Kathmandu DBOs in focus; Rosarito desal plant draws interest; American Water begs for more time in California; Severn Trent takes Oklahoma City; Red-Dead developers face multiple challenges; all the latest project news from around the world this month.
While international mega-scale private projects like the Red-Dead Sea transfer have struggled to gain traction, a more grass-roots approach has seen success. Barriers still exist for international involvement, however.