In Brief - Asia
- From: Vol 10, Issue 5 (May 2009)
- Category: Brief
- Region: Asia
- Related Countries: China, Philippines, Thailand
- Related Companies: Beijing Sound Group, China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC), DMCI, Dow Chemicals, ePure International, GE Water, Lanzhou Water Group, Manila Water Company, MPIC Water Company Inc., MTP HPPO Manufacturing Co. Ltd.,, Shanghai SECCO Petrochemical Co. Ltd., Siam Cement Group (SCG), Siemens, United Envirotech
Manila Water Company, Manila’s East Zone concessionaire, is negotiating a joint venture with DMCI-MPIC Water Company Inc. (DMWCI), the owner of Maynilad Water, the West Zone concessionaire, to provide infrastructure to supply bulk water to Bulacan, a province neighbouring Manila with a population of around 5.5 million people.
* The first phase of the project will cover 10 towns, and is targetted for completion by 2010. The second phase will include another five towns by 2012, with all towns to be covered by 2017. The cost of the project is estimated at PHP11 billion ($231 million). Meanwhile, Manila Water is awaiting final government clearance to extend its concession until 2037.
* United Envirotech's Chinese...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing