MIDDLE EAST IN BRIEF
* The final cost of water at Shoaiba is reported to be 213.79 halalas/m3 ($0.57/m3), comprised of a capacity charge of 193.65 halalas/m3 ($0.516/m3), a fixed O&M charge of 12.25 halalas/m3 ($0.032/m3), and a variable O&M charge of 7.889 halalas/m3 ($0.021/m3).
It will inevitably be compared with the cost of water from other desalination projects. However, the tariff does not include fuel costs and the project uses an energy conversion agreement (ECA) to provide fuel to the developers at minimal cost.
* As well as the financing documents for Shoaiba, an approximate $2,175 million EPC contract has been signed with the consortium of Siemens Power...
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
- Annual Subscription: £850/$1550
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing