The momentum seems to have carried on into 2006 for RWE, amidst newspaper reports that UK private equity baron Guy Hands is interested in buying Thames Water. The shares reached a record high of €65 in January, helped by the reports and by news reported last month in GWI that Macquarie Bank was also interested. It looks as if the Thames sale is going to be a slam dunk for private equity.
Subscribe online today
- Monthly print magazine
- Unlimited online access
- Project Tracker Database
- Access to the GWI Archive
- Annual Tariff Survey
- 10 online users per office location.
- Annual Subscription: £995/$1550
Free 2 week trial
- 1 Trial copy of GWI Magazine
- Online access to globalwaterintel.com
- Weekly news and insight from GWI Briefing