GWI Analysts' Report: Water in England and Wales to 2020: risks and opportunities in AMP6
- Published: June 30th, 2014
- Author: Global Water Intelligence
- Price £1,200.00 / $2,185.00
Every five years, the regulated water companies in England and Wales put forward their expenditure plans to Ofwat, the sector’s economic regulator, for approval. The Price Review (PR14) for Asset Management Plan 6 (AMP6) reaches its conclusion in December 2014 when Ofwat publishes its Final Determination for each company in the period 2015-2020.
This process opens a window of opportunity for suppliers to the sector to sell into a £40 billion market. It also marks an important transition for those involved in financing expenditure in the industry: previous price reviews have led to dramatic changes in the financial structure of the industry. Whatever your involvement in this market, we can help.
Water in England and Wales to 2020 is your guide to making the most of the next five years in the water sector.
In around 30 pages, Water in England and Wales to 2020 offers up to the minute information on the price review and is your guide to making the most of the next five years in the water sector.
- Presents the expenditure programmes of the water and wastewater companies in the market, so you can get involved at the earliest stage
- Explores the technologies that will be used as part of these plans, so you can
identify the opportunities for your solution
- Explains the procurement processes being used in order to deliver these plans,
showing you exactly how the market will work in practice
- Details theconfirmed consortia involved in the process, so you know who to build relationships with and how to enter the supply chain
- Investigates the shift in emphasis from asset procurement to services, so you understand how these developments may create opportunities or challenges for your business
- Explores the financial strategies of major water companies, giving you an invaluable insight into the movements of the industry and the prospects for your business.
- Analyses the financial background to the price review, enabling investors to understand the implications of Ofwat’s decisions as soon as they are published.
Introduction: how does the PR 14 process work and what is the outlook for AMP6?
Part 1: Analysis of company plans
• What is in the water company plans?
• What is happening with the Thames Tideway project?
• Which technologies will be used?
• How much are the water companies hoping to spend on maintaining and enhancing their water and wastewater services and meeting new obligations?
Part 2: Project delivery and consortia
How is each company planning to deliver its capital programme?
• How will the 'Fast-track' process affect timing of planned works?
• What are the different models and how do they work?
• Which alliances and consortia have been formed to carry out the work?
• How are projects being prioritised and timed?
• Who is managing the programmes?
Part 3: Finance and risk analysis
• What are the financing strategies of the major water companies?
• What are the risks for debt and equity investors?
• How do the top analysts view the outlook for the process?
• What are the markets looking for in the final determination?
Appendix: An interview with Ofwat’s Jonson Cox
Table of Contents
Download a free article demonstrating what is included in this report