Global Water Intelligence Magazine's annual Water Tariff Survey
The Global Water Tariff Survey 2018 was published in September 2018 and features the most extensive tariff survey yet. Featuring water and wastewater tariff profiles for 512 cities, across 192 countries, the 2018 Survey includes 51 more locations than the 2017 survey and is accompanied by a 2018 update of the Global Water Leaders group (GWLG) White Paper entitled “The Global Value of Water”.
The Global Water Tariff Survey 2018 Features:
- Water & wastewater tariff profiles for 512 cities in 192 countries, covering 51 locations that are new for 2018.
- Tariff profiles for cities in every US state, 16 new city profiles from Asia Pacific, 6 from Central & South America; 6 in the Middle East & North Africa; 17 in Sub-Saharan Africa; 2 in Western Europe and 3 in South Asia.
- Breakdowns of yearly changes to tariff prices, structures, and cost per m3 for every surveyed location, with the complete database featuring city tariff-profiles covering 2011-2018.
WaterData Subscriber? Log into WaterData here to access the complete Global Water Tariff Survey database as part of the Data Hub, and carry out advanced tariff data visualisation, research and comparison at the global, regional and city-wide level.
The Global Value of Water – A Global Water Leaders Group White Paper:
The Global Water Tariff Survey 2018 includes ‘The Global Value of Water’, a GWLG White Paper published in partnership with Arup, and containing detailed insights and analysis of the 2018 survey results.
- Global and regional analyses of trends in the value of urban water & wastewater, with detailed breakdowns of water bills, data visualisations, and year-by-year price comparisons.
- Commentaries on tariff trends in each world region, from renowned water industry experts such as Dr. William Muhairwe, Prof. Howard Neukrug, representatives from Arup, utility leaders and policy advisors.
- An expanded analysis of tariff affordability analysis in 64 major cities, in-depth discussions on tariff development processes, and the political challenges faced by utilities.
The Global Water Tariff Survey is the leading repository of global water tariff data and analysis, featuring tariff profiles from 512 locations and updated annually by Global Water Intelligence. The complete Global Tariff Survey database, including survey results from 2018-2011 and The Global Value of Water White Paper, is available to all GWI Magazine subscribers, who can access it on this page as part of their full subscription. Subscribe to GWI Magazine here.